'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Remembering Ralph....

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Remembering Ralph....




















There are days when you would like to skip and this is one day is one for me, although time keeps going on... but for me it seems like yesterday. Six years ago today (April 9th) my best friend/husband (Ralph) passed away from Cancer.  I never do any scrapbooking pages about my husband or myself, usually it's just about the kids, right?. So I thought I could honour my husband this way. I saw this video by Limor Webber for Prima Marketing which you can find here. I started off using a vintage paper from the collection by DCWV called 'Tattered Time'. I placed this on a 130 lb white super stock paper using soft gel medium by Golden to adhere it.














I then used my Brick Stencil by The Crafters Workshop TCW191 and used light modelling paste by Golden to add texture to the paper. I also added some more texture using another TCW 267 called 'Ledger'. I then took a Versamark and swiped it onto the texture paste and brushed on some Lindy's Stamp Gang Magicals in gold and brown to soften the white paste. I also added some Old Gold Inka Gold by Viva Decor to add more highlight. I then outlined the bricks using a Stabilo pencil which will move when using a water brush to add some depth. For the photo I just added a lot of layers using various papers from the bottom up. First layer was tissue paper, paper from Weekend Market by Bo Bunny, glassine envelope which was stamped on using a texture stamp by Dina Wakley and brown Archival ink by Ranger.
I then used a white resist pattern paper by Prima Marketing which was sponge using Vintage Photo distress ink. I added a doily which was sprayed using Lindy's Stamp Gang Dark Chocolate Truffle and then stamped some texture using black archival ink and Dina Wakley stamps. I added some gears which were cut out using corrugated paper using Tim Holtz Gear die in the left hand & right hand corner. Highlighted using Old Gold Inka Gold. I added a gear chipboard piece which was coloured using black soot distress stain and tarnished brass distress paint. I added some buttons with twine, gold  flowers, tags, stamps and cut up a metal frame to add more texture. In the gold flower in the top left hand, I added a "21" brad which was Ralph's birthday. I cut out some tags using Bo Bunny 'Weekend Market' to add some journalling.


1 comment:

  1. It's an absolutely lovely artwork, may he rest in peace... my heart goes out to you, lots of hugs too <3

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!