'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Inspirational Post for Whimsy Stamps

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Inspirational Post for Whimsy Stamps

Well I'm back with another card for Whimsy Stamps using this adorable girl eating watermelon by Lia Stampz. This brings back a lot summer memories eating sweet juicy watermelon which dripped all over your face and wiping your mouth with your sleeve because you didn't have a napkin. This image is called 'Watermelon' by Lia Stampz and you can find it here at the Store here; http://www.whimsystamps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=13_41&products_id=2693&zenid=355fa66f56404e4e9c0945ebfd8e6ff7
I started off using red metallic paper for the base which is a 5"x 7" finished card size and used some old Prima Marketing papers from my stash. I added 2 layers before cutting out the third layer using a  new Joy! Craft die called 'Square Frame + Corner' using the other side of the paper. I also cut out 4 corners using the corner die that came with it.  I then used the newest Viva Decor Inka Gold called 'Hydrangea' around the edges of the frame and the 4 corners using my finger to add some bling. I then cut out a circle using the JustRite die called 'Lacey Tiers Die' again using the same paper collection. Again I applied  the following Viva Decor Inka Gold  products Hydrangea, Apricot, Mint Green and Lava Red to the edges of the circle. Where the holes in the die were I added some brushable glue by Sparkle N Sprinkle and added some Tim Holtz Distress Glitter called 'Seedless Preserves'. I then colored the girl using my Prismacolor pencils and used Copic Markers for the skin. I added some pink glitter to her shirt and purple glitter to her pants. I also added some yellow glitter to the center of the flower. I then added some glossy accents to the seeds in the watermelon so they would stand out. I added some pale purple ribbon with a bow by Stampin' Up along with some purple flowers by Petaloo and Prima Marketing.

2 comments:

  1. Heel mooi gedaan, toppie creatie.
    Liefs, Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jacqueline, this is brilliant, mouth is watering here, love this hun xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!