'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: My Design Team Day - Loves Rubberstamps

Saturday, June 30, 2012

My Design Team Day - Loves Rubberstamps


This weekend is special, we are celebrating Canada Day on Sunday. So it's the  long weekend and  I'm going to be in my craft room making cards. It's also bittersweet too, that the place that I teach is closing its doors and the owner is retiring.

 So this is for you Kim, Happy Retirement!!! So here is my card for Saturday, it's a 6"square card using basic black paper for the base. I then used some green / gold weaved paper from my stash for the first layer. Then I used Bo Bunny's collection called 'Serenity' for the rest of my papers. For the circle, I used the Serenity Cut Outs and cut the inside out. I popped this circle up by using pop up dots. Then I used the Serenity Damask for the inside of the circle of which the girl is laid upon. I used an EK Success 'Modern Cube' punch to make this layer in which I found this tutorial by Becca Feeken

  http://www.amazingpapergrace.com/becca-bit-border-filled-frame/
I cut a 1 3/4" square using some gold stripe paper to add contrast to the girl. I stamped the girl (Yuki) from the Connie Fong Collection for Sweet Pea Stamps using black memento ink and coloured her using Prismacolor Pencils. The saying is from 'Thank You Tabs 1 by Whimsy Stamps using gold pigment ink and black embossing powder. I cut out the flourishes using red metallic paper and used Fanciful Flourish Die by Cheery Lynn Dies. I added some white and burgundy roses from I AM Roses. I added some gold ribbon by May Arts in the corners along with a triple bow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!