'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Happy New Year - Week #94 - 'A Colorful & Shabby New Year and Mojo Monday 221

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year - Week #94 - 'A Colorful & Shabby New Year and Mojo Monday 221

Here is my first post for the New Year. Happy New Year to Everyone, may you have an awesome year in whatever you do to make you HAPPY!!!! For the Shabby Team this week's challenge was to create a card or project inspired by the above photo and USE PINK OR RED, BLUE, YELLOW AND GREEN! For the Mojo Challenge you were to make a card using the above sketch using either a circle or square card. I made a 6"x 6" square card using Old Olive paper for the base. I then used 2 layers from the Pink Paislee collection called 'Butterfly Garden'. One of the papers had doilies on it and I cut out the blue doily. I then cut a strip of paper from the same collection then mounted it onto a strip of Old Olive by Stampin'Up. I attached this to the background papers and on top of that placed Pear Pizzazz Pleated Satin Ribbon down. I added a pink ribbon with crochet trim in front. I used a Martha Stewart punch called Flower Doily that punches all around the page which is 4" square. I stamped sentiment from the set called "Blessings" by Verve Stamps using Lime crafter's ink and embossed using clear EP all be Clearsnap on shimmery white paper. I cut this out using a Spellbinder's Label 16 and outlined the embossed edge using Kiwi Smooch ink by Clearsnap. I stamped 2 flourishes from the same set using Cyan crafter's ink and used clear EP. I cut them out using scissors. I added some flowers from the Chantilly Collection called Velvet Hydrangeas -Rose by Petaloo. I then punch out some butterflies from the Pink Paislee paper using a Martha Stewart butterfly punch.

UPDATE: I won an Honorable Mention at The Shabby Tea Room

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Congratulations on your honorable mention! Very lovely colors and elements on your card! Take care and Happy New Year! I'm now a follower of your blog, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!