'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 26: Layout

Sunday, August 21, 2011

My Mind's Eye Blog Challenge 26: Layout


MME_LayoutSketch_2011_08

The challenge:
 Design a layout based on this fabulous sketch and use “Anything Goes” as your theme (by Anam Stubbington). That means the theme is your choice! 
Use ANY My Mind’s Eye products (current or past) as long as your project has at least 80% My Mind’s Eye products. I don't have a lot of My Mind's Eye product but I do have some of the Laundry Line "Natural" which I used in my layout.
I started out with a 12 X 12 bronze metallic cardstock. I took another piece of 12 X 12 white paper and cut it down 11 3/4" X 11 3/4". I had all these different color washes from various companies that I hardly ever use so I decided to use them in this layout. I used Tattered Leather, Olive Vine, Winter Pine and Pinecone Glimmer Mist all by Tattered Angels. I  laid a large & small flourish stencils by same company on the white paper & just started spraying until I got the desired affect. I also sprayed 2 paper doilies and white flowers (Petaloo) with Olive Vine, Winter Pine and Pinecone Glimmer Mist. Then I iron the paper and flowers using a hot iron with no steam. Then I tore the paper so I could show another paper (Natural 'Embark' Grass Stained Dots) underneath. I cut a piece of paper from Natural 'Aspire' Grow Up Spots paper 6" X 11" edge the paper with Early Espresso Stampin'Up marker. Then I cut a piece of  brown glitter paper 4 1/2" X 9" and then cut Natural 'My Boy' Lined Up paper 4" X 10". Then I place my photo of my son on top. I cut out photo corners using Natural 'Embark' Grass Stained Dots and Brown Diamonds paper (flocked) and attached using foam dots. I then used Maya Arts lace ribbon and on top of that I used Natural 'Embark' chipboard borders plus the ribbon from Natural 'My Boy' trim. I used the rub-on from Natural 'Embark' on my layout in the right hand corners and on the striped paper. For the title I used the rub-on from Natural 'Strength' and cut it out using a Sizzix die. I used Tim Holtz's rosette and the mini rosette to make the flowers using Natural 'My Boy' Lined Up paper and Natural 'Embark' Grass Stained Dots paper. I added brads from the collection Lost & Found Portobello road 'Buddies'. I used a green flower and little white flower from Prima Marketing. Then I used a bronze Viva Decor Pearl pens for pearl flourishes on my layout.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!