'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Christmas Spirit Challenge #16

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Christmas Spirit Challenge #16

THE CHALLENGE: Song Inspired
HERE'S HOW TO PLAY: Make a creation that is inspired by your favorite Christmas carole. AS a kid I used to watch the TV show Frosty the Snowman every Christmas. Even today it isn't Christmas until you have watch Frosty the Snowman. I even made my son watch when he was small. I used the set from Flourishes called 'Warm Winter Wishes'. I used turquoise metallic paper for the base. I had some winter paper in my stash that I was going to use in scrapbook layout but decided to use it here. I think the papers were from Sandylion along time ago. I cut out the snowflakes from a Spellbinder die called 'Create a Snowflake Two' using white glitter paper and paper that I had on hand. I used white snowflake brads on hand from Making Memories for the middle. I stamped Snowman using Ranger's Black Archival ink on white shimmery paper using the following colors
 Pool Party, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler and Bermuda Bay reinkers with a watercolor brush. I added liquid applique for the snow. I cut snowman using Spellbinders 'Label 20'. I attached this a mitten that I cut out using Spellbinders 'Nested Mittens'. I ran it thru a cuttlebug folder and mixed up a little Frosted White shimmery paint and Bermuda Bay reinker and colored the mitten. Attached white glitter paper for the cuff and color white ribbon using Bermuda Bay marker. Heat the ribbon so it would curl. I stamped saying using black crafter's ink and cut it out using Spellbinders 'Fancy Tags Two'. Sponged the edges using Island Indigo & Bermuda Bay ink pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!