'http-equiv="refresh"content="5;URL='https://www.jackiesinklings.blogspot.com'"" ? "width=device-width,initial-scale=1.0,minimum-scale=1.0,maximum-scale=1.0" : "width=1100"' name='viewport'/> Home: Week #69 - 'Happy 4th of July'

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Week #69 - 'Happy 4th of July'


So here is my take on the photo using Red, White and Blue. I used a dark blue metallic paper cut down to
 5" X 7". I then took a piece of  Not so Navy paper with knots on it from the Nautical Expedition collection by Stampin'Up. Then I took another piece from the same collection using the picture of the Sailboat on it and attached it to the other side of the same paper. Colored some of the picture using Cherry Cobbler marker on the sailboat and use the ink pad to distress the edges. I took a piece of Shimmery White paper and stamped images from the set Open Sea from Stampin'Up using Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler and Night of Navy classic ink pads. Then I color in some of the images using the same markers to add some more contrast. Then I ran it through the Big Shot using the embossing folder Square Lattice. I inked the edges with Not Quite Navy and then Night of  Navy. I attached this piece to Royal Blue glitter paper. I applied both pieces of paper to the Not so Navy paper with knots. I attached jumbo eyelets to the paper and added Baker's Twine in Cherry Cobbler as shown before attaching to the blue metallic base. I took another piece of Shimmery White paper using Not Quite Navy ink stamped ledger then using the sailboat stamped using Night of Navy craft ink and emboss using detail clear EP. Stamped compass in the upper right hand corner using Night of Navy classic ink. Colored images using Night of Navy, Cherry Cobbler marker and using Frosted White shimmery paint to color in the sails of the sailboat and the compass. Added a clear rhinestone in the middle of the compass. Attached this off center onto red glitter paper.Stamped Happy Graduation in Night of  Navy craft ink.

Supplies:
Paper: Nautical Expedition, Shimmery White by Stampin'Up, Blue, Red Glitter paper by American Crafts
Inks: Night of Navy, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler classic ink, Night of Navy craft ink by Stampin'Up
Other: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy markers, Jumbo Eyelets, Clear EP, Baker's Twine Cherry Cobbler
           Clear rhinestones by Stampin'Up
Stamps: Open Sea, Teeny Tiny Wishes by Stampin'Up

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to leave a comments, it's very much appreciated!!